Doug's travels

Recently a friend of mine began his walk into Spirit world. He did not follow traditional ways yet was very Spiritual. In my way a four day fire is kept to help guide one who has begun their walk. I chose to do that for him.

The second night of the fire something interesting happened. Most people probably would not have noticed.

At 1:30am I set two logs down to burn low and long so I could take a nap. Then I set my alarm for 4:00am, figuring I would resupply the fire with more wood then. Not unusual when you are tending a four day fire alone. As it turned out the wood burned faster than I anticipated.

Everything in camp was very quiet and calm. At 3:30am I was awakened by a strong gust of wind that was very loud. I immediately got up to look to see if it was getting windy. When I stepped out of the cabin there was no wind and everything was quiet and still.

I looked over to the fire 🔥. It was flat to the ground and looked like a glowing pool of red hot ash  if I had not been awakened the fire might have gone out. 

I could see him smiling at me as I rekindled the fire.


Douglas Williams 08/25/2023

It is with great sorrow that I have to tell you all that a member of our group has begun his walk into a new realm. Douglas Williams passed today. I am lighting a four day fire 🔥 and All are welcome to come by to pay their respects. Doug is a great man, an Elder, who benefited many as he walked this life.


James Beard aka Noodin

              Cultural Storyteller, Educator, Speaker, 
              Author

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Spirit in a Native Way - The book

A teaching given by my Elder.

Sitting with the fire.